24 Hour Experienced Nursing and Support Staff
Oaklodge Nursing Home is not just a place to live; it’s a place to live better. With that in mind, we offer the following care services.
- Full-time Residential Care
- Respite and Convalescent Care
- Specialised Care Programme for Dementia/Alzheimers
Each of these care services is located on-site and includes optimum facilities and helpful, friendly staff members who encourage the greatest level of independence possible.
We are cognisant of the fact that residents deserve the highest standard of clinical expertise and genuine, personal care to optimise their recovery and maintain their well-being.
- The Director of Nursing is supported by an expert healthcare team, which includes Clinical Nurse Managers.
- The highest standards of hygiene and infection control are maintained.
- Senior staff supervise the resident’s transition to Oaklodge to enable residents and family to manage the change in a positive and empowering way.
- Personalised care plans are dictated by the clinical needs and personal preferences of the resident and the family.
- The privacy and dignity of our residents is respected at all times, and this is reflected in our Charter of Residents Rights and Mission Statement.
Staff Employment and Training
Oaklodge believe that it is above all the quality of staff that will ensure that excellent care is given to our residents.
Staff are employed only after satisfying the strictest standards of screening and Garda vetting. Continuing Professional Development is an integral part of our nursing care and we are affiliated members of NHI and a number of best practice training networks and associations. Our education and library facilities encourage staff to keep abreast of recent developments.
We spend considerable time and energy in recruitment and training of staff. We have provided an intensive two week training programme for staff to ensure that all members of the team work well together, covering various issues and topics from Health and Safety, security, nutrition, independence, philosophy of care, rights of individuals, pastoral care, Healthy aging as well as patient lifting, manual handling and CPR.
Our Nursing staff has specialist training and experience in Alzheimer’s, palliative care, wound care, and counselling.