“To excel as the leader in providing for patient, family and community needs by offering exceptional service and greater value through compassionate and professional care as well as empowe ring individuals to be actively involved in decisions affecting their care and well-being through access to information and education, and to providing leadership to improve the health of the community we serve.”
Oaklodge’s commitment is to continuously improve the quality of life and well being of residents and to provide leadership to achieve the vision of making our community a better place in which to live, work, raise a family and enjoy life. Fundamental to Oaklodge’s philosophy is empowering people and providing the knowledge to make them active partners responsible for maintaining their health and making decisions about their care and treatment. Oaklodge is committed to listening to residents and the public, developing and offering services, programmes and care which focus on prevention and wellness, and to providing quality medical care. Oaklodge has articulated its vision for the residents it serves – that residents live the happiest, healthiest lives possible.
Quality and Service
Providing access to information for residents, families and the community on the medical, wellness and care condition. Facilitating residents to be informed participants in decisions affecting their care and well- being. Exceeding the service expectations of residents, families, physicians and other health care providers. Measuring, monitoring and reporting performance against service and quality standards benchmarked to the best nursing homes.
Respect and Dignity
- Embracing residents and families as partners in the care process.
- Treating all people with compassion.
- Attending to the mind and the spirit as well as the body.
- Preserving privacy and confidentiality.
- Valuing positive relationships among members of the Oaklodge community and fostering an environment of mutual respect and support.
- Building and sustaining collaborative working relationships within Oaklodge and between residents and staff, other providers and community agencies.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Encouraging and recognizing performance leading to the development of new ideas and services and improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Achieving high productivity by efficient use of resources including people’s time.
- Remaining true to the mission by allocating resources to purposes directly supportive of the mission.
- Being accountable for use of resources at all levels of the organisation.